Sunday, June 6, 2010

Loch Ness Monster


I'll kick it off with a recent photo from First Dam, a park at the mouth of Logan canyon.

While everyone else was feeding ducks or fishing I decided to go explore the other side of the lake. I walked along the shore for a while and stumbled upon this log. For some reason it reminded me of the loch ness monster.

Mostly I just liked the shape of the log itself and the texture of the water flowing around it. It was pretty late in the day so the lighting was really nice. This ended up being one of my favorites.

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. I've never seen such a good-looking log :). And I'm very happy you've started a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin - I hope you don't mind - But I found your blog in an extremely round about way. :) I was very excited.

    I love your idea to post a new picture each week. You have incredible photography skills that need to be shown to the world. This is definetly a way for you to do that! Most excellent!

    ReplyDelete